Academic High School Program
School District No 60 offers a world-class academic program that prepares graduates well for college, university, and careers. While studying in School District No 60 you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from dedicated teachers
- Study alongside Canadian students (class size average 25 students)
- Create an individualized program to study courses in science, drama, arts, computer technology, career and technical programs,
- Prepare for college and university
- Receive ESL support from qualified professional teachers
- Receive support from Career and Academic counselors
- Participate on school sports teams
- Participate in community clubs and organizations
- Apply for community and university scholarship which total over $300,000 annually
Students who apply to School District 60 are eligible to receive Dual Acceptance Letters – one from School District #60 and one from Northern Lights College. This means that students who are accepted into School District # 60 and who graduate with a Dogwood Diploma also receive admission to Northern Lights College before leaving home.
Semester 1: September – January
Semester 2: February – June
A full-year program runs from September – June.